Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday 8 December 2011

Delicious and healthy dinner for busy people

I am good at preparing healthy meals in a short time. The reason why we keep our weight unchanged for almost two decades must be our healthy diet. 

So here are things we made this evening. The meat was chicken breast without skin. They were marinaded in soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and a bit of sun flower oil  for about 10 minutes, Then Dust them with flour, and shallow fry them in a frying pan. The batter becomes crispy and very delicious.
Healthy dinner
While marinading, I prepared a vegetable dish. Stir fry carrots and Chinese cabbages, add Shiitake when vegetables are almost cooked. Microwave broccoli. and add them at the end. I cooked rice beforehand to go with the dishes. Cider goes well with Japanese food. I have a bad habit of starting drinkd whilst cooking. So when the meal is ready I am usually on the second glass! 

Desert was fruits. I have a kaki, persimmon. Mike also had tangerines and a banana.

After dinner, we prepared Pannacotta for tomorrow. Mike bought Dutchy's whole milk. It is very creamy and good to make pannacotta.
Whole milk, gelatin in milk, and single cream

Soak gelatin in milk, and warm up milk in microwave until hot. Then add vanilla essence and gelatin into the hot milk. Stir well until gelatin melts. Then whip the cream, and mix it into the hot milk. That's all. It takes about 10 minutes.

We used single cream because we had leftover. But of course the double cream is proper ingredient. I basically prefer single cream only because double cream clogs me so much that I can't eat them two days continuously.     
Pannacotta


No comments:

Post a Comment