Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday 11 February 2012

Lovely ladies' lunch

I had a great ladies' lunch with my friend at Michael Caines at Abode, my favourite place in Canterbury. We had a grazing menu with recommended wine for starter and main, which is perfect for ladies. Food is lovely, Jane had a chicken liver for starter, and grey mullet for main. She had some chocolate desert. I had salmon for a starter, Kentish beef for main, and raspberry cheesecake for desert. Their bread is the best in Canterbury. Service is also very good, as usual. If you come to Canterbury, do check it out.

We laughed a lot (we both are bubbly), and enjoyed chats. Once a while, I love to have a really good chat with really good female friends. We, women have a different vibe when we are alone! So relaxing!   
The face I started making last week 

Mike gave me a lift to the door to the hotel, and also picked me up. It was sooo cold. Maximum was 1c. When I got in the car, the first thing he said was 'You smell very strong booze!' ??? I only had a small amount of wine though.

After that, Mike and I enjoyed a Six Nations match, Italy vs England (we won again, but Italians was plucky and attacking well). The stadium at Rome had snow, and it looked cold. After a light supper, we went back to TV to watch another match at Paris, but it was called off due to ground condition. La Seine was frozen, and temperature drops to -10C. I am sorry for Irish fans who flew from mild Ireland to literally icy Paris to watch this match. So here I am, updating my blog.

Mike's quick pasta dish - garlic, bacon, Tomato passata and broccoli and Parmigiano Reggiano on top. This Wakefield Shiraz 2009 is delicious wine. It has distinctive plumy taste with lovely spice on the tongue. I loved it.
We still have got snow here; it is too cold to melt.

My old friend in Japan and I have been plotting to set up a date for a mutual friend. So far, it is not going well. We communicate via twitter and emails. Our dear friend is becoming an old maiden, and we want her to blossom. I will tell you how it goes.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment