Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday 7 April 2013

Scraping clay on my knees

Hello everyone. Finally the freezing land of England was blessed with spring air. The temperature went up 8 C, and the sun has returned. It is still 8c, but what the difference the little bit of warmth and the sun make!

I have spent four hours each in the studio on Friday and Saturday.

What am I doing without shoes? 

You seldom see me kneeling down on the floor! This position made all my body aches afterwards. I was so physically tired that I went to bed to read a book at seven yesterday, and slept at a half past nine.  So what was I making?

A big head

It is a big wall mask. Bob, the art critique tutor suggested that I should make a real face size mask. Instead, I decided to make a much larger one! I have two weeks I could use the studio by myself before undergraduates come back. So I am trying to make anything large during this period.

Mike took these photos just when I was starting yesterday, Of course, I forgot to take photos before we came home.




  

6 comments:

  1. Very impressive - but still not sure why you were on the floor! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I forgot to mention! I was making its interior even and make the sculpture thinner and lighter. I couldn't put it upside down because it would have squash the top end. So I placed it over two tables, and scraped the interior from underneath. I wasn't able to lift it before scraping, but now I can. : )

      Delete
  2. The things we won't do for clay. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sing lullaby for it? hahaha just joking! ; )

      Delete
  3. I look forward to seeing the finished piece! Though it's also lovely to see it at it's creative beginning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Hussam. I have enjoyed seeing the details of the museum on your blog! I love the architectural derails!

    ReplyDelete