Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Saturday 7 November 2015

In the studio in November.

The kiln started this morning. A few hours later than expected. One of Tiny baby tapirs fell and got an ear injury!  He was rushed in to A&E, but got in the kiln just before ten.

I have been busy working for the bisque firing for last three weeks. This is the last bisque firing for Christmas orders. I hope you will find what you are waiting for if you have placed orders.

Kiln shelfie - Lower shelf has tapirs for waiting lists as well as orders. A few should have a debut in my Etsy shop. Lots of whippets in various sizes, polar bears a little birds.


Middle shelf has porcelain spoons for tea leaves and parts for sculptures and four salamander brooches on commission. 


The top shelf has vessels on commission, rabbits, whippets and a spoon! 



I would love to fire more often, but I try to be eco friendly and patient. So I will try to fill it when deadlines are not looming. Here are some photos of work in progress before they were bisque fired. 
Tapirs come in three sizes.  


But whippets come in various sizes! 



In the UK, There is a TV program about competition for throwing pots. Here is mine. I seldom do, unless I have orders. A porcelain bowl.   




After drying enough, turning the bottom. I hate post with rough bottom.  



I might do the second turning, if the bottom is a bit soft. 



They have become bone dry for bisque firing. 












No comments:

Post a Comment